Three Bluebirds Swedish Dishcloths are made of the same material as Lindquist's original invention, in the same sustainable manufacturing process. They contain 70% sustainably forested wood cellulose and 30% organic cotton. The Swedish Dishcloth material is certified by international regulatory organizations to ensure a positive environmental impact.
The material combines wood pulp (from Forest Stewardship Council certified forests) with organic cotton that is free from harmful chemicals (GOTS and OEKO-TEX Standard 100-certified). Our products are 100% natural, biodegradable, and are screen printed with water-based inks.
How Do They Work?
Replaces Sponges & Paper Towels
- Each dishcloth replaces 17 rolls of paper towels (saving money and reducing waste).
- Absorbs 20x its weight.
- Is far more hygienic than a sponge and won’t crumble or pill.
- Is far sturdier than a paper towel and will not easily fall apart.
- Air dries quickly, so it doesn’t breed bacteria or smell.
Clean Household Surfaces
- Perfect for household chores, from cleaning up spills to polishing.
- Can be used with soap, spray, cleaners, or just water!
- Cleans countertops, granite, porcelain, plastic, stainless steel and glass.
- Effective for cleaning those nooks and crannies that might shred other cloths (grimy stove top, we're looking at you!)
- Cleans virtually streak-free.
- 3,000 tons of paper towels end up in our country’s landfills every day.
- Compostable and 100% biodegradable for zero waste.
What You Should Do
- Clean in washing machine or top rack of the dishwasher.
- Sterilize in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, or microwave when damp for approximately 1 minute.
- May be gently bleached on occasion: See FAQs for more details.
- Squeeze out excess water and leave flat, drape over the faucet, or over the side of the sink to air dry.
Three Bluebirds Swedish Dishcloths can be sterilized and reused up to 200 times!
What To Avoid
- Do not tumble dry in the dryer.
- Do not wring out (as this may cause dishcloth to become deformed).
- Be careful when cleaning knives, as this may cut the cloth.
- Depending on use, Three Bluebirds Swedish Dishcloths will last 6-9 months.
- They are compostable and 100% biodegradable – so they will never be stuck in a landfill. Just toss it on the compost pile!
- The dishcloth will darken over time (but darkening itself does not impact its effectiveness.) You can retire your cloth when it has darkened and begins to disintegrate. Time to return it to the Earth!